What should I bring when I come for a scheduled consultation appointment?
- Driver’s license or State ID
- Insurance Card/ Information
- Copies of operation records, medical records, x-rays, MRIs, CT scans and so on from prior doctor visits (if any)
- The patient is responsible for Hand carrying any X-rays, MRI, CT scan, etc to their appointment in the form of a disk. The disk can be obtained from the facility which the study was completed
- Medications list (if any)
Are my medical records kept private and confidential?
Your medical file is handled securely with the utmost respect for your privacy. Our staff are bound by strict confidentiality requirements as a condition of employment regarding your medical records. We will not release any contents of your medical file without your consent.
What should I expect during first visit?
For your initial visit with us, you will fill in a detailed health questionnaire before seeing Dr Cubbage for your consultation. He will examine you, and review any X- rays or other test results that you have with you.
Dr Cubbage will give you his opinion and any recommendations on your condition and together you will decide the best individual treatment plan. You will have the opportunity to ask many questions.
If an operation is needed, Dr Cubbage will explain the specific procedure, help you understand what it involves, and explain the risks and benefits to you. You will also meet with the Practice nurse who will provide you with further information pre-operatively. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like during this time. The practice Nurse will also see you after your operation and you are free to contact her with any further questions or issues.